Legion Post: #14
Party Affiliation: Pioneer
Position(s) Held: Senator
Occupation: Executive Officer, 153rd Airlift Wing, Wyoming Air National Guard
Town Represented: Laramie
High School: Laramie High School
Rusty S.E. Ridley serves as chairman of the board for Wyoming Boys' State, Department of Wyoming, The American Legion. He was a delegate in 2001 and has since been a military advisor, senior military advisor and director for the program. He has been with Boys' State for 12 years and is a current member of Husted-Pendleton Post 14 in Laramie.
Captain Rusty S.E. Ridley serves as an Executive Officer for the 153rd Airlift Wing, Wyoming Air National Guard in Cheyenne, Wyo. The 153rd Airlift Wing supports the State of Wyoming, the Air National Guard and the United States Air Force. The Wing is equipped with eight, C-130H aircraft, and consists of more than 1,200 personnel across 20 squadrons. The 153rd supports state and national interests through peacetime and combat airlift missions throughout the world. The Wing also has capabilities for aerial firefighting (Modular Airborne Fire Fighting System), an aeromedical evacuation unit, a command and control mission and an air traffic control unit.
Captain Ridley began his career October 2001 when he enlisted in the Wyoming Air National Guard as a Chaplain Assistant. He attended Basic Military Training where he was an honor graduate. He later attended the Chaplain Assistant Apprentice Course and was a top graduate. After graduating from Nebraska's York College in 2007, he was commissioned a year later after completing the Academy of Military Science. He is a graduate of the Defense Information School's Public Affairs Qualification Course at Ft. Meade, Md.
Captain Ridley has served as a Public Affairs Officer at Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, with the 313th Air Expeditionary Wing in support of Operation Unified Protector and the 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing in support of Operation New Dawn.
2003 Top graduate, Chaplain Assistant Apprentice Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Journeyman Chaplain Assistant Course, by correspondence
2005 Airman Leadership School, by correspondence
2007 Associate of Arts degree, York College, York, Neb.
2007 Bachelor of Arts degree in communication, York College, York, Neb.
2008 Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
2009 Public Affairs Qualification Course, Defense Information School, Ft. Meade, Md.
2013 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Logistics Readiness Officer Course, Joint Base San Antonio - Lackland, Texas
1. June 2002 - July 2002, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 2003 - April 2003, Student, Chaplain Assistant Apprentice Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. April 2003 - October 2007, Chaplain Assistant Journeyman, 153rd Airlift Wing, Wyoming Air National Guard, Cheyenne, Wyo. (July 2007 - August 2007, Chaplain Assistant, 36th Air Expeditionary Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam, in support of Operation Enduring Freedom)
4. October 2007 - August 2008, Chaplain Assistant Craftsman, 153rd Airlift Wing, Wyoming Air National Guard, Cheyenne, Wyo.
5. August 2008 - September 2008, Officer Candidate, Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
6. September 2008 - February 2014, Chief, Public Affairs, 153rd Airlift Wing, Wyoming Air National Guard, Cheyenne, Wyo. (August 2010 - November 2010, Public Affairs Officer, Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, Dover AFB, Del.) (August 2011 - September 2011, Public Affairs Officer, 313th Air Expeditionary Wing, Western Europe) (October 2011 - January 2012, Public Affairs Officer, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia)
7. February 2014 - June 2015, Logistics Planning and Programming Officer and Plans and Operations Specialist (J4/8), Joint Force Headquarters, Wyoming Air National Guard, Cheyenne, Wyo.
8. June 2015 - Present, Executive Officer, 153rd Airlift Wing, Wyoming Air National Guard, Cheyenne, Wyo. (November 2016 - present, Executive Officer, National Guard Bureau Plans, Programs and Requirements (A5/8/9), Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, Md.)
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Air Force Longevity Service Award with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two 'M' devices and bronze hourglass
Air Force Basic Military Training Honor Graduate Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Wyoming National Guard Meritorious Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Wyoming National Guard Outstanding Service Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Wyoming National Guard Achievement Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Wyoming National Guard State Active Duty Ribbon
Wyoming National Guard Service Ribbon with 15-year device
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
Air Force Association, life member
Air Force Sergeants Association, associate member
National Guard Association of the United States
The American Legion, Department of Wyoming, Husted-Pendleton Post 14
Wyoming National Guard Association
2004 Airman of the Year, Wyoming Air National Guard
2005 Outstanding Performer of the Year, Wyoming Air National Guard
2009 Staff member of the Year, York College
2012 Best Crisis Communication Award-team member, Air Force Reserve Command
2012 1st Place Photography News Photo; Honorable Mention Feature Photo, Wyoming Press Association
2013 Director and Senior Military Advisor, Wyoming Boys' State
2013 Military Mentor, The Hearst Foundations' U.S. Senate Youth Program
2013 Heroes Among Us Award, Wyoming National Guard
2013 Company Grade Officer of the Year, Wyoming Air National Guard
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Oct. 13, 2001
Airman Oct. 18, 2002
Airman First Class Apr. 24, 2003
Senior Airman Oct. 25, 2003
Staff Sergeant Jan. 17, 2006
Technical Sergeant Jan. 17, 2008
Second Lieutenant Sept. 19, 2008
First Lieutenant Sept. 19, 2010
Captain Sept. 19, 2012
(Current as of June 2017)